05 August 2010

Bill Haley and His Comets "Rock'N'Roll Stage Show Vol. 1" (1956) (ep)

Rock'N'Roll Stage Show Vol. 1
, 7'' EP
release date: 1956
format: vinyl (BME 9278)
[album rate: 3,5 / 5] [3,52]
producer: Milt Gabler
label: Decca - nationality: USA

Tracklist: A) 1. "Hook, Line and Sinker" - 2. "Rudy's Rock" - - B) 1. "Calling All Comets" - 2. "Rockin' Through the Rye"

EP by Bill Haley and His Comets with four tracks from the band's '56 album Rock'N'Roll Stage Show with which it shares same front cover.
This seven inch comes from my parents' record collection. It's an ep I used to play on a portable turntable when 6-8 years old, and already then, I found it strangely oldish, although, still quite party-like.
This is one of my very first music memories that wasn't purely children's songs.
👉 Another one from that earliest stage.



~ ~ ~
This post is part of MyMusicJourney, which enlists key releases that have shaped my musical taste when growing up and until age 14. Most of these releases come from my parents' and / or my older brother's collection.