01 March 2015

Kent

~ ~ ~
Kent (formed 1990 as Jones & Giftet in Eskilstuna, Södermanlands län, Sweden) is the greatest Nordic pop / rock band around - from the late '90s as well as, and most dominantly, in the new millennium - and they just keep producing new albums with new material that blows you away. What a bless it is! I almost wish I was Swedish….
In '92 they changed name to Havsänglar and in '93 to Kent, which at this point consisted of Joakim Berg on lead vocals & rhythm guitar, Sami Sirviö on lead guitar, Martin Roos on rhythm guitar, Martin Sköld on bass & keyboards and Markus Mustonen on drums & backing vocals. Roos left the band after having released the band's first album - after which he became the band's manager.
The first album I listened to with the band was Hagnesta Hill (1999). I didn't pay it much attention.. then. I just thought that the track "Musik Non-Stop" was a Blur rip-off and the rest wasn't really interesting. Then by chance, I listened to Du & jag Döden (2005), and was stunned. I then listened to and bought the former, realising how good it actually is, and then I sort of went backwards, one album at a time. At this point I began to realise how great the band is. Röd (2009) made me conclude they are the best pop / rock band of all Nordic artists.
Band members: Joakim Berg (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Sami Sirviö (lead guitar, keyboards, bass), Markus Mustonen (drums, piano, keyboards, backing vocals), Martin Sköld (bass, keyboards).

EDIT: 2018
~ ~ ~

[ Utan: SKITBRA! Fan, det' så jävla grymt, bara! ]
My collection of Kent releases (1995-2016)

~ ~ ~