02 September 2013

Dead Kennedys "Too Drunk to Fuck" (1981) (single)

Too Drunk to Fuck, 12'' single
release date: May 1981
format: vinyl (12 CHERRY 24)
[single rate: 4 / 5] [3,75]
producer: Dead Kennedys, Geza X
label: Cherry Red Records - nationality: USA

Tracklist: A) 1. "Too Drunk to Fuck" (5 / 5) - - B) 1. "The Prey" (2,5 / 5)

7'' cover
Single release by Dead Kennedys the band and Geza Gedeon. This was actually the very first song I ever heard with DK, and I was sooo overwhelmed, fascinated, and bedazzled, as I was introduced to it by a schoolmate. The odd thing was that my friends at school thought it was naughty and cool because of the title and the subject of the lyrics, whereas I just loved it for the musical energy. And when my class mates a few weeks later were disappointed with and rejected the band when they played the debut album, I just really loved the band, because I found in it more of the same energy and music, and that spurred me on to seek out other punk rock bands.