25 November 2012

Turboweekend "Fault Lines" (2012)

Fault Lines
release date: Jun. 25, 2012
format: cd
[album rate: 4 / 5] [3,78]
producer: Turboweekend
label: EMI - nationality: Denmark

Track highlights: 1. "Fire of the Stampede" (4 / 5) - 2. "Neverending" - 4. "On My Side" (4 / 5) (live stream) - 5. "Boulevard" (4 / 5) - 6. "Good Morning, It's Tomorrow" - 7. "You're the Cure" - 8. "Rubicon" (4 / 5) - 9. "Drying Out in the Sun" - 11. "I Forgot" (4 / 5) (live on DR P3)

3rd studio album by Turboweekend. I had heard a few luke-warm reviews on this before actually buying it but when I finally put it on my stereo, you know... I knew it was bliss! Nothing at all like the critics had it on TV-2 (they're simply dumb and daft), and this band is nothing but my favourite contemporary Danish act. Sorry, I can't provide more evidence with the best tracks, especially "On My Side", "Boulevard", "Rubicon", and "I Forgot" are stand-outs. Until Marie Key released De her dage this was in my top 3 of the year. Turboweekend play indietronica, meaning indie pop in the electronic genre and alt. dance very much like another fine Danish act Veto.
This is the band's so far best studio album.
[ Gaffa.dk 5 / 6, Undertoner, Soundvenue 4 / 6 stars ]