18 July 2011

The American Breed "Bend Me, Shape Me" (1967) (single)

Bend Me, Shape Me
, 7'' single
release date: 1967
format: vinyl (KSS 6)
[single rate: 4 / 5] [3,78]
producer: Bill Traut
label: Stateside - nationality: USA

Track highlights: A) "Bend Me, Shape Me" (4,5 / 5) - - B) "Mindrocker"

Single by The American Breed taken from the album Bend Me, Shape Me from Feb. '68. The song was made famous via this version but was originally a song by the American band The Outsiders, and their version can be found on the band's third album In from Feb. '67.
This very single, was one of my favourites from when I was 10-14 years old. I guess, my brother must have purchased it at some early point before he threw himself over British psychedelic rock of the 70s.


~ ~ ~
This post is part of MyMusicJourney, which enlists key releases that have shaped my musical taste when growing up and until age 14. Most of these releases come from my parents' and / or my older brother's collection.