29 November 2014

The Servant "The Servant" (2004)

The Servant
release date: Apr. 2004
format: digital
[album rate: 2,5 / 5]

Track highlights: 2. "Beautiful Thing" (3 / 5) - 3. "Liquefy" (4 / 5) - 4. "Body" (2,5 / 5) - 7. "I Can Walk In Your Mind" (2,5 / 5) - 10. "Glowing Logos" (2,5 / 5)

3rd studio album by Leeds-founded band The Servant. I don't know much about the band or their previous two studio albums, I just heard the track "Liquefy" and wasn't overwhelmed by the rest of the songs. The music is both indie pop and alt. rock, but actually, most tracks on the album are somewhere between pop and alt. rock, and I just find the album too anonymously sounding and not really any near their pop hit on the album. Normally, I'm a "completist" and like to listen to whole albums instead of hunting singles and outtakes but this whole album is kind of redundant.