12 September 2015

Laura Marling "A Creature I Don't Know" (2011)

A Creature I Don't Know
release date: Sep. 12, 2011
format: cd
[album rate: 3,5 / 5]

Track highlights: 1. "The Muse" (3 / 5) - 2. "I Was Just a Card" (3 / 5) - 3. "Don't Ask Me Why" (3 / 5) - 6. "Night After Night" (4 / 5) (live acoustic) - 7. "My Friends" - 8. "Rest in the Bed" - 9. "Sophia" (4 / 5)

3rd studio album by Laura Marling. I think, I like this one the most but it's hard to describe the big difference from her so far three studio albums. I guess, I like this better because she doesn't sound too much like other female singer / songwriters (e.g. Joni Mitchell), and because the music is really narrowed down to only consist of her voice accompanied by guitar with scarce or no hardly other instrumentation, which just emphasizes her stories and fine vocal.
[ The Guardian, NME, Q Magazine, The Independent 4 / 5 stars ]