23 February 2013

10cc "How Dare You!" (1976)

How Dare You!
release date: Jan. 24, 1976
format: digital
[album rate: 2,5 / 5]

Track highlights: 4. "I'm Mandy Fly Me" (2,5 / 5) - 6. "Art for Art's Sake" - 8. "Head Room" (2,5 / 5)

4th studio album by 10cc released on Mercury Records and produced by the band. The only track I really enjoy on the album is the classic "Arts for Art's Sake" - the rest is not my taste, and actually, I'm closer at handing it only 2 stars as one good track out of 9 is poor. I think, the band could possibly release a decent best of album, as they have always been able to come up with one fine composition every now and then. Tensions within the band between the two songwriter duos Kevin Godley and Lol Creme on one hand and Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman on the other, led to Godley and Creme's decision to leave the band after this release.
[ allmusic.com 4 / 5 stars ]