07 December 2014

Morrissey "Certain People I Know" (1992) (single)

Certain People I Know, single
release date: Dec. 7, 1992
format: digital
[single rate: 4 / 5] [3,82]
producer: Mick Ronson
label: HMV - nationality: England, UK

Tracklist: 1. "Certain People I Know" - 2. "You've Had Her" - 3. "Jack the Ripper"

Single release taken from the album Your Arsenal (Jul.) with only the title track from the album. Track #3 is also included as B-side to the single "Now My Heart Is Full" from 1994 but on that it's identical to the live version on Beethoven Was Deaf from '93, and here it's the studio version.
What I really like about single releases by Morrissey is how he is still capable of making good B-sides like in the tradition of The Smiths. "Jack the Ripper" is a great composition but it really shines the brightest in the live version.