07 February 2013

Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska" (1982)

Nebraska
release date: Sep. 20, 1982
format: vinyl (gatefold - 25100) / cd
[album rate: 4 / 5] [3,78]
producer: Bruce Springsteen
label: Columbia Records - nationality: USA

6th studio album by Bruce Springsteen. The album is his first primarily singer / songwriter album.
I recall my initial disappointment upon my first listen. I still bought it though, 'cause I found it interesting, although, it came out when most of the music I listened to was either punk rock, new wave, or post-punk. It took a few years, but it's close to his best albums. Great stories and melodies despite the scarce instrumentation. The album is the third Springsteen album to be enlisted in "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die", which I understand.
[ allmusic.com, Rolling Stone Album Guide 5 / 5 ]